- Participation – The Award is open to all regardless of cultural differences
- Development – Young People grow in the Award, even if they don’t recognize it
- Sustainable – The Award does not call for huge resources
- Flexible – It allows for any number of permutations / combinations. Can use local conditions to perfection
- Focus on Success – every Record Book is a story of Success and Achievement
- Reach – The format demonstrated enormous reach to young people in every walk of life
- It is a Marathon not a Sprint! It teaches young people to persevere
- It gives young people two wonderful gifts – Joy and Choice!
- It enables young people to make a real difference in their community
What are some of the signposts to success in the Award?
Schools Can Change: A Step-by-step Change Creation System for Building Innovative Schools and Increasing Student Learning By- Dal...