The devastating cloud burst and the subsequent flash floods which came on the intervening night of the 4-5 August and changed Leh forever. It seems as if Ladhak had been plunged into darkness and some magician has hauled it back a decade.
I was in Leh that night and my aunt was jolted by the cloudbust. It was an eerie night. The night was cloaked in a strange scilence. My aunt preferred not to wake up as she thougt that the cloud bust would not cause flood of such a magnitude. The dawn arrived. I wake up at 8:7 AM. The people were making a lot of noise. Running helter shelter people were saying “many areas of Leh has been deluged due to cloudburst”. I went with my uncle to inspect the extenct of damage. The houses were shattered. We saw lot of destructied buildings, houses, offices and complexes. Which were compleately vanished. A pall of bloom had descanted in the area. The next day I along with my uncle went to the affected areas and distributed blankets and clothes amoung the affected people. We also destributed mineral waters amoung the affected people as the water available there was awfully contaminated. The people whole heartedly donated for the noble cause. The people were showing great cooperation and everyone gave a helping hand. This act of mine, I believe has learned that the pain of one human being is actually the pain of whole humanity.
Tyndale Biscoe School
- ► 2021 (274)
- ► 2020 (755)
- ► 2019 (245)
- ► 2018 (241)
- ► 2017 (97)
- ► 2016 (69)
- ► 2014 (24)
- ► 2013 (72)
- ► 2012 (115)
- Recognising Priyank Kumar Gupta for his contributi...
- Rocksport partners with Award India
- Award Training Centre (ATC) hosts first YES Traini...
- WZAA Annual workshop - 2011
- Doing the Award
- Korean Delegates visit India, participate in an Ad...
- ASOP Partner-The Naz Foundation
- Award Participants in GD Goenka,"The Earth Sense" ...
- Calendar of Events
- My trip to Mahadev
- RELIEF AND FUND COMMITTEE OF LADHAK
- Gold Holder and Regional Intern attends the UN Hig...
- Hundredth Issue of The Award Weekly
- Award India: Camp to Mandarmani
- Camp to Mandarmani
- Saanya Gupta- Gold Holder and Award Volunteer on w...
- Magic Bus- one of the five ASOP Partners
- YES Centre Manager- Manish Chandel of Purkal Youth...
- Lead the Gold Holders
- IAYP India - Calendar of Events 2011-12
- ▼ August (21)
- ► 2010 (69)