JOB TITLE: FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT
Reports To: National Director
Direct Reports: None
RESIDENT OF NEW DELHI
NOT MORE THAN 30 YEARS OF AGE
WORK EXPERIENCE AND SUCCESSFUL TRACK RECORD ESSENTIAL
SALARY NEGOTIABLE AND GOOD INCENTIVES WILL BE PROVIDED
COORDINATE INCOME GENERATION ACTIVITIES AND MAINTAIN A HIGH LEVEL OF DONOR CARE AND SERVICE TO ACHIEVE AGREED INCOME TARGETS
Summary of the role:
The post will be responsible for the key areas of: fundraising, marketing and other out reach activities within India. The incumbent will work closely with the Delhi based National Director and the National team as well as liaise with the London based Fund Raising team and the Trustees of the Foundation to ensure coordination of activity, policy and strategy.
The role has overall responsibility for the key areas of:
- Work closely with the National Director, to set and meet the country’s annual objectives with particular regard to the Developing Partnerships, QA and Extending the Award pathways.
- Design, develop and implement the fundraising plan, particularly to support the Development Plan 2010-13; developing and facilitating of best practice in the India and in helping key and established Partners with resources to fulfill their plans.
- Actively contribute to Award Management and development activity within the country.
- Maintain and develop effective and productive relationships with key delivery partnership organisations,
- Proactively provide operational advice and pastoral care support to YES Centres, IOs and emerging National alliance partners in the social and corporate sector as required.
Proactively develop and supporting key Gold Award holders throughout the country and follow up work with the Award volunteers and youth representatives.
- Coordinate income generation activities and maintain a high level of donor care and service to achieve agreed income targets.
- Produce and coordinate fundraising events.
- Coordinate fundraising research and information management systems.
- Assist with the development of Fundraising strategy, policy and budget.
- Support and maintain volunteers (as appropriate).
RESPONSIBLE TO: Communications Manager RESPONSIBLE FOR: Volunteers assisting on above key objectives.
Working within the parameters of IAYP strategy, and with support and guidance from the Partnerships and the support of volunteers.
The Fundraising Assistant will:
1. COORDINATE INCOME GENERATION ACTIVITIES AND MAINTAIN A HIGH LEVEL OF DONOR CARE AND SERVICE TO ACHIEVE AGREED INCOME TARGETS
1.1 Coordinate activity across all areas of fundraising including events, sponsored events, youth groups, schools, clubs and friends.
1.2 Coordinate responses to enquiries and requests for information in good time with attention to the types of communication appropriate for the range of donors involved.
1.3 Provide a point of contact for support to groups and volunteer speakers and coordinate activity and response as appropriate.
1.4 Produce Fundraising content for inclusion in promotional material, including activity updates, the web and external literature.
1.5 Assist with preparation of presentation materials for events, talks and meetings, representing IAYP when necessary.
1.6 Maintain and update the fundraising and partners updates on www.iayp.in
2. PRODUCE AND COORDINATE FUNDRAISING EVENTS
2.1 Coordinate the logistics (including simple budgets), promotion and delivery of IAYP India’s existing Fundraising events: the Annual Award Ceremony, Projects and Events.
2.2 Coordinate volunteer recruitment, support volunteer training and volunteer communications strategies in relation to coordinating events.
2.3 With support from Communications, coordinate PR strategies for promotion of these events.
2.4 Support the logistical delivery of major Donor events as appropriate as part of the wider fundraising team.
2.5 Coordinate IAYP’ s attendance at other events to support profile raising activity, including recruiting and managing remote volunteer coordination of The Award Progrmme’s presence at national events.
2.6 Identify and develop opportunities for cross-team collaboration and income generation activities at events.
2.7 Identify and develop new fundraising event opportunities and activities as appropriate.
3. COORDINATE FUNDRAISING RESEARCH AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
3.1 Undertake regular research and analysis into trends, opportunities and issues affecting fundraising.
3.2 Compile reports and implement systems to ensure dissemination of this information within IAYP where appropriate, to inform development of strategy, policy and budget .
3.3 Maintain donor files in line with procedures and legal obligations.
3.4 Maintain and update database records.
4. ASSIST WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF FUNDRAISING STRATEGY, POLICY AND BUDGET
4.1 Play an active part in developing the Fundraising strategy, policy and budget in collaboration with the Communications and Programme Managers.
4.2 Provide monthly financial information about income targets, to identify any budget issues arising.
4.3 Undertake quarterly financial analysis of Fundraising income to support financial reporting by Communications and Programme Managers.
5. PROVIDE SUPPORT AND SUPERVISION TO FUNDRAISING VOLUNTEERS
5.1 Assist the business Partnerships to identify appropriate areas for volunteer support.
5.2 Assist the Communications & Programme Managers with volunteer recruitment.
5.3 Provide coaching and support to office based fundraising volunteers to complete identified projects.
6. UNDERTAKE OTHER TASKS AS AGREED WITH THE NAA TEAM OF THE AWARD PROGRAMME FOUNDATION IN INDIA
6.1 Provide occasional back up to staff as appropriate.
6.2 This list of duties is not exhaustive. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties as directed by the National Director within the responsibilities of the post.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Working in partnership with the Corporate & Award operator initiatives, a minimum increase of 50% in Fundraising income in the first year, with a focus on developing events related income from existing events.
- Working in partnership with the Corporate & Business Partners, to minimum increase in Fundraising income of 100% over the next three years
- Development of an active alumni network with an annual programme of talks and events being undertaken by volunteers by end of first year and a clear progress map for future years
- Implementation of systems that lead to a solid body of research and analysis of internal & external Fundraising trends and performance to inform future strategy and policy development by end of first year, and future development aims mapped and recorded
- A high standard of donor care and service to be evident at all times with a focus on relationship building with key donors.
PERSON SPECIFICATION FOR THE FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT
E = Essential D = Desirable
Experience of providing high standards of support in a donor or customer service environment E
Excellent written and verbal communication skills E
Experience of drafting letters and other correspondence E
Experience of using a fundraising approach that places respect for the donor at its core D
Experience of giving presentations and preparing presentation materials using PowerPoint D
PRODUCE AND COORDINATE FUNDRAISING EVENTS
Experience of coordinating events E
Experience of maintaining simple budgets in order to manage events expenditure E
A willingness to undertake occasional travel to events and to work at weekends and on public holidays in order to attend events E
Involvement with delivering PR campaigns to promote events D
Experience of using social media to support PR and fundraising activity D
An appetite to develop the fundraising potential of existing events D
COORDINATE FUNDRAISING RESEARCH AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Experience and enjoyment of undertaking research and compiling reports E
Experience of maintaining current, organised systems and files E
Attention to detail E
ASSIST WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF FUNDRAISING STRATEGY, POLICY AND BUDGET
Experience of analysing data and presenting conclusions in a logical way E
Experience of providing financial reports to reflect Return on Investment D
An appetite to develop the income from business and partner sources D
PROVIDE SUPPORT AND SUPERVISION TO FUNDRAISING VOLUNTEERS
Experience of supervising paid or unpaid support E
Educated to A level or equivalent E
Experience of working in an office environment E
Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and the internet E
Experience of using online content management systems D
Experience of using databases, preferably Access based E
Experience of working successfully as part of a team with people at all levels (internal and external) E
Well organised, able to plan and prioritise work within defined parameters E
Driving licence (occasional travel for fundraising events and other purposes is required) E
Experience of working in the charity sector D
Empathy with The Award Progamme’s aims and objectives E
Empathy with The Award Progamme’s aims and objectives E
BACKGROUND TO THE POST OF FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT
A busy and effective team, The Award Programme Foundation has raised over Rupees Three Crores over the years, with Rupees One being raised through sources, in the very recent past. During the year Fundraising products, activities and partnerships have been consolidated and developed, paving the way for an increase in income into the future.
Email your intent to The Communications Manager at the address firstname.lastname@example.org
Post a Comment