Speaking for the topic Can You Teach A Zebra Some Algebra, if we talk about a zebra which is an animal, it’s mind is not able to develop the skill of concentration and intellect to learn something. But a human mind is able to develop the skill of concentration and intellect. So that's why we are able to learn things but not a zebra. If we connect this topic with our classroom, there are so many students and they all are different from each other, our purpose is that every child should learn. Learning will be possible when they will concentrate and intellect. So, to develop and increase the skills of concentration and intellect, we need to focus on following things.
- Teaching should be interesting and use of audio-visual aids
- Better interaction with the students
- Asking thinking based questions
- Connecting the topic with real life.
- Group discussions
- Focus on basic knowledge
- We should give then chance to think and come to the conclusion for the given topic so that they could develop their own opinion.
Our learning from “Can We Teach A Zebra Some Algebra” by “Debashis Chatterjee”
Gajendra Mewara, Monika Vaishnav, Jaffar Khan, Hirender Lal - The Fabindia School