Our belief is:
The purpose of professional learning is to ensure a comprehensive, sustained, and intensive approach to improving teachers’ and principals’ effectiveness in raising student achievement.
- Professional learning strives to go beyond standardised testing to promote authentic learning experiences and the application of knowledge and skills.
- Professional learning is aligned with rigorous student academic achievement standards, as well as related affiliation standards of state and central boards and guidelines for school improvement goals.
- Professional learning regularly assesses the effectiveness of achieving identified learning goals, improving teaching, assisting all students in meeting challenging academic achievement standards and is used to inform ongoing improvements in teaching and student learning.
- The success of the students is affected by sustained professional learning conducted among educators at the school and facilitated by well-prepared school principals and/or school-based professional learning trainers, coaches, mentors, master teachers, or other teacher leaders.
- Professional learning is a continuous cycle of improvement, which evaluates the student, teacher, and school learning needs through a thorough review of data on teacher and student performance.
- Effective professional learning honours differences in student and adult learners by using various approaches to learning and assessment.
- Educators have the right to expect excellence in their professional learning and have the power to achieve it. All educators share the responsibility for their own individual growth as well as that of their organisations.
- Professional learning is most effective when supported by an organisational culture that fosters learning for all. Professional learning must be embedded in the organisational structure for systemic change and may be supported by external assistance.
- Collaboration and fostering collective responsibility for improved student performance within the school community is essential for school improvement and student success.
- All professional learning should be of high quality and aligned with the best standards for professional learning.
Learning Forward India is an affiliate of Learning Forward