Reading is a very good habit that one needs to develop in life. Good books can inform you, enlighten
you and lead you in the right direction. There is no better companion than a good book. Reading is important because it is good for your overall well-being. Once you start reading, you experience a whole new world. When you start loving the habit of reading you eventually get addicted to it. It is important to read a good book at least for a few minutes each day to stretch the brain muscles for healthy functioning.
Following are the benefits of reading:
1. Self Improvement: Reading helps you develop positive thinking. It is important because it develops your mind and gives you excessive knowledge and lessons of life. It keeps your mind active and enhances your creative ability.
2. Communication Skills: Reading improves your vocabulary and develops your communication skills. It helps you learn how to use your language creatively. Not only does it improve your communication but it also makes you a better writer.
3. Increases Knowledge: Books enable you to have a glimpse into cultures, traditions, arts, history, geography, health, psychology and several other subjects and aspects of life. You get an amazing amount of knowledge and information from books.
4. Reduces Stress: Reading a good book takes you in a new world and helps you relieve your day to day stress. It stimulates your brain muscles and keeps your brain healthy and strong.
5. Boosts your Imagination and Creativity: Reading takes you to the world of imagination and enhances your creativity. Reading helps you explore life from different perspectives. While you read books you are building new and creative thoughts, images and opinions in your mind. It makes you think creatively, fantasize and use your imagination.
6. Develops your Analytical Skills: It involves questioning what you read. It helps you develop your thoughts and express your opinions. New ideas and thoughts pop up in your mind by active reading.
The habit of reading is one of the best qualities that a person can possess. So it is very important to develop a good reading habit. We must all read on a daily basis for at least 30 minutes to enjoy the sweet fruits of reading. It is a great pleasure to sit in a quiet place and enjoy reading. Reading a good book is the most enjoyable experience one can have.
The Fabindia School